March 23, 2020
February 19, 2020
To: Senior Scholarship Counselors
UISD, LISD, and St. Augustine High School
RE: Laredo Tennis Association Scholarships (Application-Criteria-Deadlines-Amounts)
Enclosed you will find the Scholarship Application for senior tennis players who will be
graduating this school year. Along with the application, the following information is
being provided so that we are clear as to the requirements, deadline, and plans for
distribution of scholarships.
• All senior applicants must have participated in their school tennis team for at least 2
school years but one has to be their senior tennis season.
• Applicants must have a letter from LTA verifying volunteer hours.
• Scholarship amounts will be decided by the Laredo Tennis Association/ Scholarship
committee after all applications are turned in.
• Applicants must submit a letter of admittance to either community college or university.
• A letter of recommendation from their tennis coach + a teacher is required from all
• A certified letter of LTA volunteer hours is required from all applicants.
• Applicants must have a Financial Statement of Need (FAFSA) Report as well as a
personal statement of need.
• Application must have parent (s) W-2's for 2020
• Applications must be turned in by school's senior scholarship counselor to Mr. Escamilla
at 709 E. Calton Rd., Ste. 109 by or before the deadline date.
• Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• Essay on any of the three topics in the application must be typed.
• ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MARCH 23, 2020 (NO
If any student, coaches, or senior counselors have any questions, please call me at
Candelario Escamilla, Jr.